Wednesday

Hope for the Broken-Hearted

"Through my quest to discover the solutions to problems caused by poverty, I realized if there were to be a solution, I needed first to understand the cause of the problems.

All of this is very complicated and complex and there is not one simple item that can be eliminated to thus unravel poverty and her insidious produce. However, through my searching, surviving and studies of lives surrounded by poverty, I discovered there is one common denominator present in every person living in severe poverty.

And that common denominator - if treated effectively - could be reversed and thereby eliminate the coping mechanisms including drug use/abuse, addictive relationships, abusive relationships, crime and prostitution or the flip side of coping which is die-hard activism in angry protesting voices or deep-end religious vocations and self-appointments.

That one common denominator which if healed will transform a person's life to eliminate the symptoms of poverty is simply this: a broken heart.

The broken hearts I witnessed during my tour on the eastside of Vancouver stem from a million different threads and a million true stories of difficulties and afflictions rooted so deeply, even back to the womb - ultimately all a product of not receiving love.

This is one reason I wrote the Sand Between My Toes: to connect with the broken-hearted and to offer a remedy, a cure, a hope, a healing, a new life, a belief in oneself, a certainty for all to discover and know, they are loved.

During my own journey out from addictions and abuse some years ago, I silently endured deep soul-level heart pain. This was accompanied often by an overwhelming aloneness. I inaccurately believed that I alone was facing these things and I alone would have to live through it. Looking back, I realized that although I had to walk through the journey myself - as each person does, I was not alone in my experience. In fact, there are many, many others who have felt, and even in this very moment feel, alone in their pain, alone in their experience and misunderstood.

What I needed to know was that others have been there and that there was an escape route. But no one I met ever could relate, nor understand. And so my life continued on painfully reflecting the symptoms of poverty including internal loneliness, broken self-image, homelessness, mental illness, addictions, abusive relationships, angry protests etc. Most people enduring a life of poverty are trapped in a deep, deep pit; years later, having crawled out from this pit myself, I hope now to extend my arm to pull others back up and out from despair with a copy of this book and the heartbeat that created it.

Healing is a process and our life journey is long, but for some there is not much time. Addictions, abuse and poverty wage a nasty war. Many people are 'taken out' amidst their struggle. This story will help some people to the other side of their battlefield.


The Sand Between My Toes is a story that identifies with the soul who is searching and sore and sends a clear message: 'You are not alone. You are loved.'" - Hazel Hoyle, author

This book is packed with emotional expressions that correspond with the journey of pain and healing and the ups and downs along the way. It proves there is a way out and offers hope. This hope, in itself can provide the strength for many to carry on.

The first step to transform the world into a place where poverty and her insidious offspring do not exist, is to heal the broken heart.
The Sand Between My Toes because broken hearts can mend.

Order your copy today. Click Here

[based on Hazel Hoyle's CV:
Hand's On Poverty Research Undertaking:
extensive research to understand the cause of problems related to poverty; Vancouver City, BC - Volunteer. Intention: to find longstanding solutions to problems caused by poverty.]

back to home page


0 comments: